Dr Emmanuel Koumoundouros
- Biomedical Instrumentation
- Control theory and automation
- Systems engineering (Biomedical systems engineering)
- Organ L, Bacci B, Koumoundouros E, Kimpton W, Samuel C, Nowell CJ, Bradding P, Roach KM, Westall G, Jaffar J, Snibson K. Inhibition of the K(Ca)3.1 Channel Alleviates Established Pulmonary Fibrosis in a Large Animal Model. AMERICAN JOURNAL OF RESPIRATORY CELL AND MOLECULAR BIOLOGY. American Lung Association. 2017, Vol. 56, Issue 4.
- Van Der Velden J, Harkness LM, Barker D, Barcham G, Ugalde C, Koumoundouros E, Bao H, Organ L, Tokanovic A, Burgess JK, Snibson K. The Effects of Tumstatin on Vascularity, Airway Inflammation and Lung Function in an Experimental Sheep Model of Chronic Asthma. SCIENTIFIC REPORTS. Nature Publishing Group. 2016, Vol. 6.
- Organ L, Bacci B, Koumoundouros E, Barcham G, Kimpton W, Nowell CJ, Samuel C, Snibson K. A novel segmental challenge model for bleomycin-induced pulmonary fibrosis in sheep. EXPERIMENTAL LUNG RESEARCH. Taylor & Francis Ltd. 2015, Vol. 41, Issue 3.
- Organ L, Koumoundouros E, Bacci B, Barcham G, Samuel C, Nowell C, Milne M, Kimpton W, Snibson K. Structural And Functional Changes In A Segmental Challenge Model Of Bleomycin-Induced Injury. AMERICAN JOURNAL OF RESPIRATORY AND CRITICAL CARE MEDICINE. American Thoracic Society. 2015, Vol. 191.
- Organ L, Bacci B, Koumoundouros E, Barcham G, Milne M, Kimpton W, Samuel C, Snibson K. Structural and functional correlations in a large animal model of bleomycin-induced pulmonary fibrosis. BMC PULMONARY MEDICINE. Biomed Central. 2015, Vol. 15.
- Koumoundouros E. Clinical engineering and uncertainty in clinical measurements. AUSTRALASIAN PHYSICAL & ENGINEERING SCIENCES IN MEDICINE. Australasian College of Physical Scientists and Engineers in Medicine. 2014, Vol. 37, Issue 3.
- El Mays TY, Choudhury P, Leigh R, Koumoundouros E, Van Der Velden J, Shrestha G, Pieron CA, Dennis JH, Green FHY, Snibson K. Nebulized perflubron and carbon dioxide rapidly dilate constricted airways in an ovine model of allergic asthma. RESPIRATORY RESEARCH. Biomed Central. 2014, Vol. 15.
- Van Der Velden J, Sum G, Barker D, Koumoundouros E, Barcham G, Wulff H, Castle N, Bradding P, Snibson K. KCa3.1 channel-blockade attenuates airway pathophysiology in a sheep model of chronic asthma. PLoS One. Public Library of Science. 2013, Vol. 8, Issue 6.
- Koumoundouros E, Snibson K, Barcham G, Mareels I. Tracking adaptive controller gains to examine the effects of mechanical disturbances to the airway tone in sheep that have asthma-like responses. IFMBE Proceedings. Springer Verlag. 2013, Vol. 39.
- Van Der Velden J, Barker D, Barcham G, Koumoundouros E, Snibson K. Increased mast cell density and airway responses to allergic and non-allergic stimuli in a sheep model of chronic asthma. PLoS One. Public Library of Science. 2012, Vol. 7, Issue 5.
- Van Der Velden J, Barker D, Barcham G, Koumoundouros E, Snibson K. Increased vascular density is a persistent feature of airway remodeling in a sheep model of chronic asthma. Experimental Lung Research. Taylor & Francis Ltd. 2012, Vol. 38, Issue 6.
- Koumoundouros E, Snibson K, Mareels I. Adaptive control of airway tone in sheep that have Asthma-Like responses. Australian Control Conference. IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. 2011.
- Van Der Velden J, Barker D, Barcham G, Koumoundouros E, Snibson K. Assessment of peripheral airway function following chronic allergen challenge in a sheep model in asthma. PLoS One. Public Library of Science. 2011, Vol. 6, Issue 12.
- Davie WJ, Fowler MJ, Koumoundouros E. ECG interference suppressed using a harmonic generator. Australasian Physical and Engineering Sciences in Medicine. Australasian College of Physical Scientists and Engineers in Medicine. 2009, Vol. 32, Issue 3.
- De Matteo R, Snibson K, Thompson B, Koumoundouros E, Harding R. Lung function in developing lambs: is it affected by preterm birth?. Journal of Applied Physiology. American Physiological Society. 2009, Vol. 107.
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile