Associate Professor Leigh Johnston
- Brain Development
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging
- Signal Processing
Leigh Johnston is an Associate Professor in the Department of Biomedical Engineering. She is also head of the Animal MRI Laboratory at the Florey Institute of Neuroscience and Mental Health.
- Karve I, Zhang H, Habgood M, Frugier T, Brody K, Sashindranath M, Ek CJ, Chappaz S, Kile B, Wright D, Wang H, Johnston L, Daglas M, Ates RC, Medcalf RL, Taylor J, Crack P. Ablation of Type-1 IFN Signaling in Hematopoietic Cells Confers Protection Following Traumatic Brain Injury. eNeuro. 2016, Vol. 3, Issue 1.
- Wright D, Trezise J, Kamnaksh A, Bekdash R, Johnston L, Ordidge R, Semple B, Gardner AJ, Stanwell P, O'Brien T, Agoston DV, Shultz S. Behavioral, blood, and magnetic resonance imaging biomarkers of experimental mild traumatic brain injury. SCIENTIFIC REPORTS. Nature Publishing Group. 2016, Vol. 6.
- Tahayori B, Khaneja N, Johnston L, Farrell P, Mareels I. Improving the time efficiency of the Fourier synthesis method for slice selection in magnetic resonance imaging. PHYSICA MEDICA-EUROPEAN JOURNAL OF MEDICAL PHYSICS. Elsevier Science. 2016, Vol. 32, Issue 1.
- Liu S, Zheng P, Wright D, Dezsi G, Braine E, Thanh N, Corcoran N, Johnston L, Hovens C, Mayo J, Hudson M, Shultz S, Jones N, O'Brien T. Sodium selenate retards epileptogenesis in acquired epilepsy models reversing changes in protein phosphatase 2A and hyperphosphorylated tau. BRAIN. Oxford University Press. 2016, Vol. 139, Issue 7.
- Swaminathan M, Hill E, Ellis M, Zygorodimos M, Johnston L, Gwynne R, Bornstein J. Video Imaging and Spatiotemporal Maps to Analyze Gastrointestinal Motility in Mice. JOVE-JOURNAL OF VISUALIZED EXPERIMENTS. Journal of Visualized Experiments. 2016, Issue 108.
- Phillips T, Wright D, Gradie P, Johnston L, Pask A. A Comprehensive Atlas of the Adult Mouse Penis. SEXUAL DEVELOPMENT. Karger. 2015, Vol. 9, Issue 3.
- Close TG, Tournier J, Johnston L, Calamante F, Mareels I, Connelly A. Fourier Tract Sampling (FouTS): A framework for improved inference of white matter tracts from diffusion MRI by explicitly modelling tract volume. NEUROIMAGE. Academic Press. 2015, Vol. 120.
- Taqdees SW, Moore S, Wright DK, Tolcos M, Johnston L. LIMITATIONS OF TWO-COMPONENT DIFFUSION MODELS FOR AXON DIAMETER DENSITY ESTIMATION. 2015 IEEE 12th International Symposium on Biomedical Imaging (ISBI). IEEE. 2015, Vol. 2015-July.
- Warner CE, Kwan WC, Wright D, Johnston L, Egan G, Bourne JA. Preservation of Vision by the Pulvinar following Early-Life Primary Visual Cortex Lesions. CURRENT BIOLOGY. Cell Press. 2015, Vol. 25, Issue 4.
- Shishegar R, Manton J, Walker DW, Britto J, Johnston L. QUANTIFYING GYRIFICATION USING LAPLACE BELTRAMI EIGENFUNCTION LEVEL-SETS. 2015 IEEE 12th International Symposium on Biomedical Imaging (ISBI). IEEE. 2015, Vol. 2015-July.
- Shultz S, Wright D, Zheng P, Stuchbery R, Liu S, Sashindranath M, Medcalf RL, Johnston L, Hovens C, Jones N, O'Brien T. Sodium selenate reduces hyperphosphorylated tau and improves outcomes after traumatic brain injury. BRAIN. Oxford University Press. 2015, Vol. 138.
- Tahayori B, Johnston L, Layton KJ, Farrell P, Mareels I. Solving the Bloch Equation With Periodic Excitation Using Harmonic Balancing: Application to Rabi Modulated Excitation. IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON MEDICAL IMAGING. IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. 2015, Vol. 34, Issue 10.
- Shishegar R, Britto J, Johnston L. A method for assessing nonlinear growth in the fetal cortex. 2014 36TH ANNUAL INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE OF THE IEEE ENGINEERING IN MEDICINE AND BIOLOGY SOCIETY (EMBC). Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. 2014.
- Adlard P, Tran B, Finkelstein D, Desmond P, Johnston L, Bush A, Egan G. A review of beta-amyloid neuroimaging in Alzheimer's disease. FRONTIERS IN NEUROSCIENCE. Frontiers Research Foundation. 2014, Vol. 8.
- Crack P, Zhang H, Morganti-Kossmann, Morris, Wojciak, Fleming, Karve I, Wright D, Sashindranath, Goldshmit Y, Conquest A, Daglas, Johnston L, Medcalf, Sabbadini, Pebay A. Anti-lysophosphatidic acid antibodies improve traumatic brain injury outcomes. Journal of neuroinflammation. Biomed Central. 2014, Vol. 11, Issue 1.
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile