Professor Peter Vee Sin Lee
Peter (Vee Sin) Lee is a Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at The University of Melbourne.
Prof Peter Lee obtained his BEng in Mechanical Engineering (1st Class Hons. 1991) and PhD (1996) in Bioengineering from the University of Strathclyde, UK, and continued his post-doc in the same university from 1996–1998. He was a Research Fellow with the Biomaterials Group at the Institute of Materials Research and Engineering, Singapore from 1998–2001. In 2001, he joined the Defence Medical and Environmental Research Institute, DSO National Laboratories, Singapore, as the Head of the Bioengineering Laboratory. He was appointed as an Adjunct Associate Professor from 2002–2008 at the National University of Singapore, Division of Bioengineering. He joined University of Melbourne as a Senior Lecturer in 2008.
- ability to predict and better understand the mechanism of injury, leading to effective prevention strategies. Research spans all three levels, the human, organs and cells. These investigations use human volunteers and computational models to advance our understanding of clinical symptoms, pathological evidence and injury. Computational studies include models to the human brain, head-neck, spine, knee and foot.
- biomechanics for lower limb prostheses and orthoses; CAD/CAM and rapid prototyping methods for prosthetic socket manufacturing to improve artificial limb function and amputee acceptance; development of new materials and methods for low cost prostheses.
- Williamson A, Sims N, Thomas C, Lee P, Stevenson M, Whitton R. Biomechanical testing of the calcified metacarpal articular surface and its association with subchondral bone microstructure in Thoroughbred racehorses. EQUINE VETERINARY JOURNAL. Equine Veterinary Journal. 2018, Vol. 50, Issue 2. DOI: 10.1111/evj.12748
- Imbalzano G, Linforth S, Ngo T, Lee P, Phuong T. Blast resistance of auxetic and honeycomb sandwich panels: Comparisons and parametric designs. COMPOSITE STRUCTURES. Pergamon. 2018, Vol. 183. DOI: 10.1016/j.compstruct.2017.03.018
- Lavecchia CE, Espino DM, Moerman KM, Tse K, Robinson D, Lee P, Shepherd DET. Lumbar model generator: a tool for the automated generation of a parametric scalable model of the lumbar spine. JOURNAL OF THE ROYAL SOCIETY INTERFACE. The Royal Society Publishing. 2018, Vol. 15, Issue 138. DOI: 10.1098/rsif.2017.0829
- Ackland D, Robinson D, Redhead M, Lee P, Moskaljuk A, Dimitroulis G. A personalized 3D-printed prosthetic joint replacement for the human temporomandibular joint: From implant design to implantation. JOURNAL OF THE MECHANICAL BEHAVIOR OF BIOMEDICAL MATERIALS. Elsevier. 2017, Vol. 69. DOI: 10.1016/j.jmbbm.2017.01.048
- Schuliga M, Jaffar J, Berhan A, Langenbach S, Harris T, Waters D, Lee P, Grainge C, Westall G, Knight D, Stewart A. Annexin A2 contributes to lung injury and fibrosis by augmenting factor Xa fibrogenic activity. AMERICAN JOURNAL OF PHYSIOLOGY-LUNG CELLULAR AND MOLECULAR PHYSIOLOGY. American Physiological Society. 2017, Vol. 312, Issue 5. DOI: 10.1152/ajplung.00553.2016
- Mokhtarzadeh H, Yeow CH, Goh JCH, Oetomo D, Ewing K, Lee P. Antagonist muscle co-contraction during a double-leg landing maneuver at two heights. COMPUTER METHODS IN BIOMECHANICS AND BIOMEDICAL ENGINEERING. Gordon Breach Publishing. 2017, Vol. 20, Issue 13. DOI: 10.1080/10255842.2017.1366992
- Rajagopal V, Holmes WR, Lee P. Computational modeling of single-cell mechanics and cytoskeletal mechanobiology. Wiley Interdisciplinary Reviews: Systems Biology and Medicine. 2017. DOI: 10.1002/wsbm.1407
- Imbalzano G, Tran P, Linforth S, Ngo T, Lee P, Mendis P. Design optimisation of auxetic composite structures under blast loading. ACMSM 24 Conference - ACMSM 24 Conference - Mechanics of Structures and Materials: Advancements and Challenges. 2017.
- Uddin MH, Wang H, Rogerson FM, Lee P, Zhang X. Effects of stimulated aggrecanolysis on nanoscale morphological and mechanical properties of wild-type and aggrecanase-resistant mutant mice cartilages. EUROPEAN PHYSICAL JOURNAL E. Springer. 2017, Vol. 40, Issue 8. DOI: 10.1140/epje/i2017-11561-1
- Zhao L, Lee P, Ackland D, Broom ND, Thambyah A. Microstructure Variations in the Soft-Hard Tissue Junction of the Human Anterior Cruciate Ligament. ANATOMICAL RECORD-ADVANCES IN INTEGRATIVE ANATOMY AND EVOLUTIONARY BIOLOGY. Wiley-Liss. 2017, Vol. 300, Issue 9. DOI: 10.1002/ar.23608
- Boyd A, Moore S, Sader J, Lee P. Modelling apical columnar epithelium mechanics from circumferential contractile fibres. BIOMECHANICS AND MODELING IN MECHANOBIOLOGY. Springer. 2017, Vol. 16, Issue 5. DOI: 10.1007/s10237-017-0905-7
- Jiang H, Robinson DL, Kontulainen S, Johnston JD, Lee P, Wark JD, McDonald M. Prediction of Distal Radius Failure Load Using Finite Element Modeling of Peripheral Quantitative Computed Tomography (pQCT-FE): A Validation Study.. Annual Meeting of the American-Society-for-Bone-and-Mineral-Research (ASBMR). American Society for Bone and Mineral Research. 2017, Vol. 32.
- Feng X-Q, Lee P, Lim CT. Preface: molecular, cellular, and tissue mechanobiology. ACTA MECHANICA SINICA. Dr Dietrich Steinkopff Verlag. 2017, Vol. 33, Issue 2. DOI: 10.1007/s10409-017-0662-y
- Chen W-M, Lee S-J, Lee P. Strategies towards rapid generation of forefoot model incorporating realistic geometry of metatarsals encapsulated into lumped soft tissues for personalized finite element analysis. COMPUTER METHODS IN BIOMECHANICS AND BIOMEDICAL ENGINEERING. Gordon Breach Publishing. 2017, Vol. 20, Issue 13. DOI: 10.1080/10255842.2017.1370458
- Malekipour F, Oetomo D, Lee P. Subchondral bone microarchitecture and failure mechanism under compression: A finite element study. JOURNAL OF BIOMECHANICS. Pergamon. 2017, Vol. 55. DOI: 10.1016/j.jbiomech.2017.02.005
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile