Dr Kwong Ming Tse
- Impact Mechanics
- Injury Biomechanics
- Injury Prevention
- Mechanics in Medicine
KM Tse is currently a Postdoc Research Fellow in Biomechanical Engineering Group in Mechanical Engineering in University of Melbourne (UoM). KM had obtained both his BEng (Hons) (Jun 2009) and PhD (Jan 2014) in Mechanical Engineering from National University of Singapore (NUS). He had developed and validated an advanced finite element model of human head which has then been used extensively in the applications of head injuries. KM worked on a defence project as a Postdoc Research Fellow in Centre of Protective Technology (CPT) in National University of Singapore (NUS) from Dec 2013 – Nov 2015, before joining UoM in Nov 2015.
Research Interest: Computational Biomechanics; Injury Biomechanics, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), Protective Equipment, Mechanics in Medicine
Community Services to Research Professional:
Associate Editor: Australian Journal of Mechanical Engineering
Editorial Board Member: Biomaterials and Biomechanics in Bioengineering
Reviewer: Scientific Reports Nature; Journal of Biomechanics; International Journal of Impact Engineering; Materials & Design; International Journal of Numerical Methods in Biomedical Engineering; Medical & Biological Engineering & Computing; Medical Engineering & Physics; ASME Journal of Engineering and Science in Medical Diagnostics and Therapy; Computer Methods in Biomechanics and Biomedical Engineering; Applied Mathematical Modelling; Computers in Biology and Medicine; Multidiscipline Modeling in Materials and Structures
Journal Publication: 22
Book Chapters: 2
Conference Publication: 14
RG Score: 18.87
- Rodriguez-Millan M, Tan LB, Tse K, Lee HP, Miguelez MH. Effect of full helmet systems on human head responses under blast loading. MATERIALS & DESIGN. Elsevier. 2017, Vol. 117.
- Tse K, Tan LB, Yang B, Tan VBC, Lee HP. Effect of helmet liner systems and impact directions on severity of head injuries sustained in ballistic impacts: a finite element (FE) study. MEDICAL & BIOLOGICAL ENGINEERING & COMPUTING. Springer. 2017, Vol. 55, Issue 4.
- Tan LB, Tse K, Tan YH, Sapingi MAB, Tan VBC, Lee HP. Face shield design against blast-induced head injuries. International Journal for Numerical Methods in Biomedical Engineering. John Wiley & Sons. 2017.
- Yang B, Cao LB, Tang Y, Sun N, Tse K, Lee H-P. Modal and dynamic responses of the human head-neck complex for impact applications. JOURNAL OF VIBROENGINEERING. 2016, Vol. 18, Issue 7.
- Tse K, Robinson D, Franklyn M, Lee PVS. Parametric analysis on pelvic injury in an underbelly blast: A finite element study. The 16th International Conference on Biomedical Engineering (ICBME). AIP Publishing LLC.. 2016.
- Tse K, Tan LB, Lee HP, Tan VBC, Ong JKW, Ng CB, Chong KOY. An efficient analytical failure approach in the global analysis of a buried pipeline system. 5th International Conference on Design and Analysis of Protective Structures (DAPS). 2015.
- Tse K, Bin Tan L, Lim SP, Lee HP. Conventional and complex modal analyses of a finite element model of human head and neck. COMPUTER METHODS IN BIOMECHANICS AND BIOMEDICAL ENGINEERING. Gordon Breach Publishing. 2015, Vol. 18, Issue 9.
- RodrÍguez-MillÁn M, Tan LB, Tse K, Loya JA, Lee HP, MiguÉlez MH. Effect of mandible protection and visor of the advanced combat helmet on human head response under blast loading. 6th International Conference on Computational Bioengineering (ICCB). 2015.
- Raju K, Tan LB, Tse K, Lee HP, Tan VBC. Experimental characterization of GRE composite for failure envelope validation. 10th International Conference on Composite Science & Technology (ICCST). 2015.
- Tan LB, Tse K, Tan VBC, Lee HP. Finite element modeling of buried glass-reinforced composite pipe. 10th International Conference on Composite Science & Technology (ICCST). 2015. Editors: AraÚjo AL, Correia JR, Soares CMM.
- Yang B, Chen N, Tse K, Lee H-P. Hydrothermal Synthesis, Crystal Structures, and Luminescent Properties of Two Cadmium(II) Coordination Polymers Based on Dicarboxylate and Imidazole-Containing Coligands. ZEITSCHRIFT FUR ANORGANISCHE UND ALLGEMEINE CHEMIE. Wiley-VCH. 2015, Vol. 641, Issue 3-4.
- Tse K, Tan LB, Lee SJ, Lim SP, Lee HP. Investigation of the relationship between facial injuries and traumatic brain injuries using a realistic subject-specific finite element head model. ACCIDENT ANALYSIS AND PREVENTION. Pergamon-Elsevier Science. 2015, Vol. 79.
- Lee SJ, Tse K, Lee HP. Similar Fracture Patterns in Human Nose and Gothic Cathedral. FACIAL PLASTIC SURGERY. Thieme Medical Publishers. 2015, Vol. 31, Issue 5.
- Tse K, Tan LB, Lee SJ, Lim SP, Lee HP. A realistic subject-specific finite element model of human head-development and experimental validation. IFMBE Proceedings. 2014, Vol. 43.
- Tse K, Lim SP, Tan VBC, Lee HP. A review of head injury and finite element head. American Journal of Engineering, Technology and Society. 2014, Vol. 1, Issue 5.
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile