- Microstructural imaging and mechanobiology of joint in small animal models (in vivo and ex vivo micro-CT; hierarchical structure of bone, cartilage, and whole joint)
Dr Zihui Li is a Postdoctoral Researcher in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at the University of Melbourne. She has a background in materials science and biomedical engineering with extensive experience in live animal laboratory and imaging work. She completed her PhD in “Time-lapsed in vivo bone response to implantation in a mouse model of disease and treatment” at ETH Zurich, Switzerland in 2016. In December 2016, she joined the Integrative Cartilage Research Group of Dr Kathryn Stok at the University of Melbourne, working on developing a novel in vivo imagining technique for hierarchical structure of cartilage and the whole joint.
- Li Z, Kuhn G, Von Salis-Soglio M, Cooke SJ, Schirmer M, MÜller R, Ruffoni D. In vivo monitoring of bone architecture and remodeling after implant insertion: The different responses of cortical and trabecular bone. Bone. Elsevier Science. 2015, Vol. 81.
- Zhang W, Li Z, Huang Q, Xu L, Li J, Jin Y, Wang G, Liu X, Jiang X. Effects of a hybrid micro/nanorod topography-modified titanium implant on adhesion and osteogenic differentiation in rat bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells. International Journal of Nanomedicine. Dove Medical Press. 2013, Vol. 8.
- William Lau KH, Baylink DJ, Zhou XD, Rodriguez D, Bonewald LF, Li Z, Ruffoni D, MÜller R, Kesavan C, Sheng MHC. Osteocyte-derived insulin-like growth factor I is essential for determining bone mechanosensitivity. American Journal of Physiology - Endocrinology and Metabolism. American Physiological Society. 2013, Vol. 305, Issue 2.
- Meng F, Li Z, Liu X. Synthesis of tantalum thin films on titanium by plasma immersion ion implantation and deposition. Surface and Coatings Technology. Elsevier Science. 2013, Vol. 229.
- Zhang W, Li Z, Liu Y, Ye D, Li J, Xu L, Wei B, Zhang X, Liu X, Jiang X. Biofunctionalization of a titanium surface with a nano-sawtooth structure regulates the behavior of rat bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells. International Journal of Nanomedicine. Dove Medical Press. 2012, Vol. 7.
- Li Z, Meng F, Liu X. Wettability control by DLC coated nanowire topography. Nanotechnology. IOP Publishing. 2011, Vol. 22, Issue 13.